Thank you for taking an interest in the work of Monica Valentinelli. Below, you will find her list of recent publications in the areas of fiction, gaming and non-fiction.
Last Updated November 2010
- “The Saint, the Pickpocket and the Manticore”, DAILY BITES OF FLESH: 365 DAYS OF FLASH FICTION, 2011, Pill Hill Press.
- “A Different Kind of Treat”, October 2010, FlamesRising.com.
- “Miskatonic University Scientist Reveals the Old Ones are Responsible for Global Warming“, April 2010, Innsmouth Free Press.
- THE QUEEN OF CROWS e-book, March 2010, Flames Rising Press.
- “Pie”, BURIED TALES OF PINEBOX, TEXAS, June 2009, 12 to Midnight, Inc.
- “Twin Designs”, TALES OF THE SEVEN DOGS, August 2008, Abstract Nova Press
- “Promises, Promises”, WHITE WOLF QUARTERLY, Spring 2007, White Wolf Publishing
- “Prey”, re-published February 2008, Pseudopod.org
- TBA, Winter 2010, Abstract Nova Entertainment
- Scenes of the Embrace, Winter 2010, White Wolf Publishing
- THE DEVIL’S NIGHT: Storytelling Adventure System (SAS) One Scene, October 2009, White Wolf Publishing
- EXQUISITE REPLICAS, August 2008, Abstract Nova Entertainment
- ALETHEIA, 2007, Abstract Nova Entertainment
- NOUMENON, 2006, Abstract Nova Entertainment
- CURSED EMPIRE: Warrior-Priest Class Book, 2006, Spartans Unleashed
- NINJA BURGER 2nd Edition, 2006, aethereal Forge (Editor)
- ALL FLESH MUST BE EATEN: Worlds of the Dead, 2006, Eden Studios
- OBSIDIAN: the Age of Judgment LARP Quickstart, 2004, Twilight Games (Editor)
- “Why Are You Writing and Publishing Online?”, November 2010, How To Write Shop
- “Creating an Alien Language: Grammar Fundamentals”, November 2010, Apex Book Company
- “A Fan’s Guide to Scary Movies: Tsui Hark’s Vampire Hunters”, October 2010, Crackle.com
- “A Fan’s Guide to Scary Movies: Mary Reilly”, October 2010, Crackle.com
- “A Fan’s Guide to Scary Movies: The Blob (1988)”, October 2010, Crackle.com
- “A Fan’s Guide to Scary Movies: 13 Ghosts”, October 2010, Crackle.com
- “Creating an Alien Language: Aliens, Names and Naming Conventions”, September 2010, Apex Book Company
- “Creating an Alien Language: What’s In An Alien Alphabet?”, August 2010, Apex Book Company
- “Cthulhu In Your Game”, August 2010, Innsmouth Free Press
- RPGirl Zine: 2010 Edition, August 2010, RPGirl
- “Creating an Alien Language: Rudimentary Symbolic Language”, July 2010, Apex Book Company
- THE BONES, June 2010, Atomic Overmind Press
- “Creating an Alien Language: Your Language, Your Rules”, June 2010, Apex Book Company
- “Social Media and Your (Lack Of) Privacy”, June 2010, SFWA.org
- “Three Science Fiction Writing Exercises”, May 2010, Apex Book Company
- FAMILY GAMES: the 100 BEST, April 2010, Green Ronin Publishing
- “An Overview of Writing for Print Vs. the Web”, April 2010, SFWA.org
- “Are You a Believer or a Skeptic?”, April 2010, Apex Book Company
- “Science Fiction and Happy Endings”, March 2010, Apex Book Company
- “Authors! 8 Tips For Your Website’s Usability and Design”, February 2010, SFWA.org
- “Gender Portrayals and Genres”, February 2010, Apex Book Company
- “Why Do Some Horror Authors Write About Rape, Incest and Abuse?”, January 2010, Apex Book Company
- “Do You Know How to Sell Your Sword?”, November 2009, SFWA.org
- “Love, Blood and Fangs: Bram Stoker’s Dracula”, October 2009, Sony/Crackle.com
- “Inside Online Book Reviews: Do They Matter?”, October 2009, NINC Newsletter
- “Thinking about Your Writer’s Platform? Consider Your Online Reputation First”, September 2009, SFWA.org
- “Building in the Dark” a world building essay, September 2009, Apex Magazine Volume III, Issue III
- “The Pros and Cons of Having Your Own Website“, August 2009, SFWA.org
- “Game Fiction: Why It Works (and Why It Doesn’t)”, August 2009, Apex Magazine Vol. III Issue II
- RPGirl Zine: 2009 Edition, August 2009, RPGirl
- “Get Personal With Your Marketing Efforts”, July 2009, SFWA.org
- “Why Not Every Book Promotion Will Work For Your Book“, July 2009, Apex Book Company
In addition to these non-fiction publications, Monica frequently writes reviews, interviews and other entertainment-related promotions for the FlamesRising.com Horror & Dark Fantasy Webzine.
- BURIED TALES OF PINEBOX, TEXAS won first place for 2009 best anthology in the annual Preditors & Editors Reader’s Choice Awards.
- CHASING SHADOWS, a horror movie screenplay, placed as a finalist in the Shriekfest 2009 competition.
- FlamesRising.com won a Silver ENnie through the hobby games industry awards at GenCon: Indianapolis in 2008.
- “Prey” won an Honorable Mention through the MIRRORMASK 2005 fiction competition sponsored by FutureFire.net.
- Hack/Slash card game, Winter 2010, Eden Studios